Parents want everything best for their child that is why they would consider many factors while selecting their children’s first preschool. Listed below are some factors that would help the parents in filtering down the search and making the list of few selected daycare and preschool:
- Proximity to the office or home. Always choose a preschool that is close to your office or home. Consider the distance of the preschool from your place and how would you pick and drop the child.
- How much they charge for each session. Preschool can be expensive. Are you satisfied with the fee they are charging? What services and activities they will offer?
- Preschools are mostly of short duration (3 hours). Many preschools offer daycare facilities as well. While searching for the preschool, consider the hours.
- Certifications. Does the school has all the required certifications to run the preschool? Are they accredited to run the preschool?
- Transportation. Do they offer a transportation service?
- Ratio. What is the teacher to kids ratio?
All these factors would help in finding the schools that are best fitted in your requirement. Once you find the preschool that matches the entire above requirement you are good to go to make a final choice.Visit the center personally. Even if the preschool is suggested by your close friend or family it is suggested to visit the center personally and meet the head of the center, teacher and supporting staff, so you can see first hand how they bond with children and how they treat them.Another crucial factor that needs to be considered is what philosophy they are following, as there are various teaching methods. Almost all the available teaching model offers certain benefits but while choosing a center for your child make sure their approach matches well your child’s personality and your family’s values. Most of the centers follow the Montessori system, Waldorf system or Reggio Emilia approach. You can discuss the center head about these methods and how a certain method could help your child in exploring their potential.The major task of the Preschool is to provide fun-filled learning activity to the children. Here, the focus is on their motor skill development, cognitive skill, and physical activity.If you are among those parents who often want to talk to the teacher regarding their child growth and development then it is suggested to discuss their communication policy as well. How do they communicate with the parent? Do they send SMS, emails or personal calls to update the parents?A good preschool focuses on the overall development of the child
, providing a stimulating environment to the children where they learn to differentiate, make decisions, take orders and complete the tasks.
Send your little one in the best preschool you can ever find and guide them in taking their first steps in this big world.